If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (603) 889-2311

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Cleaning Up Fire Damage in Your Nashua Home

11/3/2017 (Permalink)

Have you checked your dryer lint lately? It can help prevent a fire from occurring in your home!

SERVPRO Provides Fire Damage Cleanup and Restoration to Nashua Homes


Although some might think it unlikely in Nashua, it is possible for your clothes dryer in your home to catch fire if the right circumstances are present. The accumulation of lint in the vent of the dryer, not lousy wiring, is what starts a majority of dryer fires. Every time your clothes make lint, it gets trapped in the filter when the dryer forces hot air into the drum. If there is too much lint clogging the vent, there is not enough airflow to cool the air down. As the temperature rises, the clogged filter has a more significant risk of igniting, resulting in a dangerous fire.

Fires that started from your dryer can happen when you least expect it. It is advisable that you do not ever run your dryer when you are not present in your home for this reason. When you have experienced a dryer fire in your Nashua home, the best call for you to make is to our staff at SERVPRO. We have the training and knowledge needed to repair the damage and clean up the mess.

We consider various factors when we go to clean the fire damage in your home to figure out how difficult it is going to be to remove the smoke residues.

The type of surface has a significant impact. Porous surfaces and natural fibers are probably the most difficult to clean. Porous materials let particles and odor penetrate further. Nonporous surfaces and synthetic fibers are easiest to clean.

The older the surface, usually the more difficult it is for SERVPRO techs to clean, no matter the type. The hotter the fire was, also causes more problems in cleaning, as heat causes surfaces to expand and become more porous. Heat also chars materials and melts and bubbles finishes. Refinishing is required in cases such as these.

How much moisture is present also affects our cleaning efforts. Moisture sets residues and can stain surfaces permanently. Condensation can also do this.

Several other factors such as the kind of material burned, air pressure, temperature change and impingement can affect cleaning efforts. Impingement is the air movement becoming more turbulent as the temperature gets hotter. This air collides with surfaces and creates splattering on vertical surfaces, leaving residues which are more difficult to move.

Locally Owned Company with National Resources



SERVPRO of Nashua is equipped with the knowledge and tools to clean your home after a fire and rid it of harsh residues. Residents in Nashua and the surrounding areas should reach out to us as soon as the fire is out at (603) 889-2311.

For more information regarding the town of Nashua, click here

Other News

View Recent Posts